Sunday 4 January 2015

Happy New Year

Well Christmas has come and gone, and here we are in 2015.

I hope you all had a good Christmas and New Year.

My 2015 is turning out to be a bit different from what I had planned. My good lady Sue retired at the end of December, so we had planned out the year with quite a few cruises.

However, for those of you that are regular readers, you will know that I have  CLL but after 6 months of chemo in 2009/10 have been in remission ever since.

The "chronic" part of the title means that there is no cure (at present), so it was inevitable that Mr C would raise his ugly head again and demand a rematch, and that is what he has done.

So I'm off for another CT scan this month so my consultant can decide when I need to start another 6 months of chemo (different chemo this time).

So here is the dilemma, what crusie do we cancel / move so I can find a clear 6 months in my diary ?.

We are due off at the end of the month on Oceana, and then again in March on Black Watch for the Solar Eclipse "up north". I think those are going to be OK, but after that "who knows" at present.

So at least you should get another couple of blogs about cruising from me before I disappear into my black hole.
That said, I will still be blogging throughout my treatment (as long as I'm feeling OK) so the blog will have a "medical feel" about it. But I promise I will not be too gory.

I also hope to blog for Leukaemia Care a charity that Team Aylott  fund raises for.

But until then I do have the two cruises to look forward to :-)


















Beside getting a new camera recently, it was my birthday just before Christmas, and I was lucky enough to get a new "prime lens", so this week I went out with my SIL from JRM Photography  and his friend Simon for some long exposure shots of the sunset at West Clacton.

And if you want to see some more of my handy work, can find them here

So until we board Oceana in a few weeks, I will say farewell

No comments:

Post a Comment